In February each year, students in the 8th grade will have meetings about their graduation plan called an Individualized Graduation Plans (IGP's). Parents or Guardians are requested to participate in this process or request someone to represent them during this conference. Students will select classes for High School based on their career interests and personal goals.
Students will need to think about questions like:
- What do you want to do after high school?
- Do you want to go to technical school or college?
- Would you like a career that is inside or outside?
- Do you want to work with people, animals, computers, tools, or things?
- Would you prefer a career where you do the same thing every day or something different?
- Would you like a career where you sit, stand, move around, drive, fly, or a combination of these modes of work?
- How much education or professional training are you willing to work on after high school?
- Do you know how much education and training is needed for the career you are interested in at this time?
- What colleges, technical schools, or training facilities offer the major of study in the area of your interest?
- Do you feel like your current grades are on track for your current career interest?